Ryker 2up Tourer ..

Working on a custom build? Show it off!
chris56

Ryker 2up Tourer ..

#1 Post by chris56 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:45 am

we are both not really "heavy" - after may years with our RT we decided after 40.000 Spydermiles to change over to the Ryker for new adventures ..
(riding most time in the Alps, Italy aso..a lot of curves here in the mountains !)

900 Std - super lightweight and drive shaft !! - thats why I bought it !!
added following:
the FOX on the back and the swaybar on the front - side-case with maxmount - comfort driver seat - footpegs for the passenger ..
Aftermarket:
adjustable windshield (cuttetd the lid of the glovebox to install it more aearodynamic lower than the Standard
and over the plate for the topcase a made a "lower" seat-cushion for my Girl ..

after 2.000 testmiles :

we reach around 200 miles with a full tank - that is OK
much better handling and suspension than our old GS and RT
with the new gear-box she runs much "smoother" in the curves - no more up&down, what I had when I changed the gears on the "old" ones - perfect

all together she was 20% more expensive than the basic price - but for "touring" its for shure the best "Spyder" they ever built !!
1-ryky.JPG
1-ryky.JPG (65.83 KiB) Viewed 4933 times

MDLNB

Re: Ryker 2up Tourer ..

#2 Post by MDLNB » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:48 pm

I realize that your post is a bit aged, but if you happen to see this, I am really interested in how you did the passenger and luggage situation. I do not like the hard case on the one side so I am looking at using saddlebags later, but I am interested in your passenger seat and how you mounted the luggage box on the back. I do like that situation, with the backrest for the passenger. My wife just escaped the big "C" illness and is suddenly ready to ride with me, now that I just bought a Ryker Rally. She wants to take some day trips, which we haven't done together in over forty years. I have been a two wheeler until now. My clutch hand is messed up and in need of two operations, so I am getting rid of my Harley. Anyway, if you read this, I would really like to see some larger photos of your setup. I have done a lot of customizing of my Harley and other bikes in the past and have started to do some mods on my Ryker already. Thanks for sharing. And yes, I am also new today to this forum, as you probably guessed.
"Thumbs Up" from:
slingmods

chris56

#3 Post by chris56 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:21 am

2u2pkpm.JPG
case-mit-sitz3.jpg
2u2pkpm.JPG
I used an Aluminium plate over the "maxmount" and fixed it with 4 screws .. the cushion is fixed on the plate also the Givi Adapter - simple !!
( we now reach 9.000 miles - still no problems !!)
Attachments
case-mit-sitz1.jpg

MDLNB

#4 Post by MDLNB » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:30 am

Thank you. That really looks great.