Tilting sensor?

Technical discussion regarding tuning and engine management for the Ryker
srx660

Tilting sensor?

#1 Post by srx660 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:48 am

I can never keep my hands off any vehicle i own. Since i didn't like the ridge on the back if the seat i took it off to see what i could do about it. Well, built into the plastic seat pan of the body is what looks like some kind of sensor near the left edge. I was wondering if this is part of the VSS(vehicle stabilility system) for the trike? 2 wires snaking around to the control hardware by the engine. By the way, the foam seat is a PITA to put back on. I ended up using a paint stick and folding the seat over to push the t shaped clips into the proper slots.

srx660
"Thumbs Up" from:
Leadfoot

layinlow61
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tilting sensor?

#2 Post by layinlow61 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:24 am

Looking at the wiring diagram it shows a switch like that on the passenger seat. I don't see anything on the main seat. From what I see the passenger switch lets the computer know there is a passenger and adjusts the VSS.
"Thumbs Up" from:
Galded

Galded

#3 Post by Galded » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:06 am

Right, it senses the left passenger peg. When the leg is deployed Sport & Rally (if applicable) modes are automatically turned off. It will also display the 2 person silhouette on the display unit. You can only operate in ECO or standard (ECO off) modes.

sudhapriya
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#4 Post by sudhapriya » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:12 am

A Tilt sensor is an optional security sensor that triggers the alarm whenever your vehicle gets jacked up, for stealing wheels or towing.
Apache Spark with Scala online training