So, is the Ryker a good fit for me?

New to the Ryker? New to forums? Introduce yourself and say hello! Ask questions and we can help you get going.
Lara608
Has thanked: 0

So, is the Ryker a good fit for me?

#1 Post by Lara608 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:30 pm

So, I'm 48 years old and just recently took a Harley Davidson Beginner Riders Course. I passed my test and earned my license. I bought the prettiest used Sportster Superlow with only 30 miles on it. I thought I was gonna be the greatest Harley chick ever.

Nope. That 883 terrifies me. Why? It's heavy and I hate turning. I hate leaning. I struggled with turning in class but somehow passed the test. My husband bought me a Rebel 250 to ride. I like it much better but still struggle with the lean.

So, before I go out and make another purchase mistake, I'm asking if a Ryker might be what I need. What is it like to turn? It is easy to maneuver? Good for a novice rider?

Thanks!
"Thumbs Up" from:
Sohappynjfishfan

Zoot

Re: So, is the Ryker a good fit for me?

#2 Post by Zoot » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Have you ever driven a go-cart? A Ryker (to me) is much like a go-cart with handlebars. It's giggly fun but not much like riding a motorcycle.
You should be able to score a test ride at a Can-Am (Ryker) dealer - or better yet, many offer a beginner's riding course. That could be a good way to learn what it's like and get further instruction in riding on the roads.
Best of luck!

njfishfan

#3 Post by njfishfan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:29 pm

Lara...think the Ryker would be perfect for you. Let my son drive it around the block ,he never rode anything before and had no issues. Like Zoot said its like a go kart or atv on the street. Get one u won't regret it.

Galded

#4 Post by Galded » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:40 pm

It is easy with the simplified controls, being an automatic, and never having to plant your feet. This will be something you need to get used to just like all things especially the cornering I believe. I as well recommend doing a demo ride with one before committing. It is fun and from what you say it will probably be a better fit for you.