Hello

New to the Ryker? New to forums? Introduce yourself and say hello! Ask questions and we can help you get going.
Galded

Hello

#1 Post by Galded » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Hey guys! Committed to getting a ryker this coming weekend. Been on two wheels for about ten years now and relatively young (30). Just going to phase through the can am as it seriously caught my eye before going back to two wheels. I love the single swing arm, the seat that appears to float, and tons of small details. I also look forward to how easy it is and will be able to comfortably expose my wife to what it’s like to “drive” outside of the comfort of a car. As the exposure to the elements provide a worldly different experience. So kudos to the engineers who designed this machine to target a younger audience because it hooked me!
"Thumbs Up" from:
mikeycattleshow

mikey

Re: Hello

#2 Post by mikey » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Galded wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:20 pm
So kudos to the engineers who designed this machine to target a younger audience because it hooked me!
Amazingly enough, most of the people that seem to be buying them are folks over 40 and many first-time riders.

Galded

#3 Post by Galded » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:39 pm

I saw that browsing about! It does seem to be a great machine without having to fully commit to two wheels, clutch, gear selector, front brake, and rear brake.

mikey

#4 Post by mikey » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:07 am

I used to ride dirt bikes (YZ-80) 30+ years ago, but never got on the street. I took the can-am safety course earlier this month. I got my 3-wheel endorsement on my driver's license today and expect to pick up my ryker later this week. It's kind of exciting.
"Thumbs Up" from:
cattleshow