Tall riders?

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
skyscraper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Tall riders?

#1 Post by skyscraper » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:23 pm

I'm interested in the Ryker. I'll like to hear from some of our long limb riders. How do you like the Ryker so far & how comfortable is it for you?

srx660

Re: Tall riders?

#2 Post by srx660 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:27 am

I've been riding my ryker for a couple of months now. Maybe i'm too picky but there's a lot about the Ryker i don't like. I'm not willing to give up on it, but i must make some changes. My background is with custom motorcycles. I change anything that makes it more comfortable, easier to ride, and looks better than stock, on every motorcycle i have owned.
I like the Ryker 900 power but still would prefer to have multiple gears and be able to have a neutral. Right now i can get close to 90MPH(Speedo reading accurate?) with the CVT transmission at the cost of much higher rev's and lower MPG than expected. Some will tell me to buy a spyder F3 instead. I still like the size and simplicity of the ryker. I don't know if i will ever change it that much but i will keep the ryker.

Right now i am changing what i think i need on the trike. The footpegs are too close for my long legs( i am 6 foot tall with longer legs than normal). I like stretching my legs out which i cannot do right now.I have jacked the ryker up and taken pictures of the footpeg setup. I need to extend the pegs about 2-3 inches more forward than their limit now. I also do not need adjustable pegs so i will make them non-adjustable to fit me. I would prefer a larger brake pedal too. No one else rides my vehicles except me so i can do this.

While the handlebars fit me well in the last lock position, i do not like the lockdown flipper setup on them. It is a poor design used to fit a lot of people. I am changing that to a motorcycle type solid mount with a larger diameter handlebars. This might be more info than you need, so i am just saying what i think should have been standard for a 10,000 vehicle.

skyscraper

#3 Post by skyscraper » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Thanks! It's never too much info. I can take all I can get. I'm considering a F3S also. My local dealership is pushing me towards the F3S. The salesman thinks it's the best choice for me.

srx660

#4 Post by srx660 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Make sure you ride both the ryker and the F3. I found the F3 much heavier(300 lbs more), bigger all around, and not as easy to ride as the Ryker. The price out the door from a dealer on any trike will usually be $2000 more than the MSRP price of the trike. My ryker ended up costing $11,800. The F3 i was looking at was $19,670 out the door. That is a big difference for trikes almost the same size. I was not interested in a trike that cost the same as my toyota Rav4. Yes, the F3 has a semi-auto 6 speed transmission and a much bigger engine( 1330 cc @ 115 hp). I still liked the simplicity of the Ryker and still enjoy the "as one" feeling i get with it that i did not get while riding a friends F3. Perhaps, next year, a turbocharger off a can-am snowmobile( same basic engine) on my ryker would blow away the F3.

skyscraper

#5 Post by skyscraper » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:43 pm

I was quoted $12,912 OTD for the Rally Edition & 17,517 OTD for the 2018 Spyder F3S Circuit Yellow manual transmission. I'm sure I can do a lot with the $5,000 savings. He mentioned the Spyder will fit me better with the long ufit setup.

MaxPower4U

#6 Post by MaxPower4U » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:08 pm

ImageI'm 6'2" coming off of riding Sport bikes. I have a 2022 900 Sport. I have the pegs all the way forward. I just installed some 2" risers. I wanted the bars back more. I didn't want to buy new bars. I lossened the grips and rotated the bars up more and a little back. The only problem is the cruise control has a plastic aligment tab that goes in a hole in the bar. It's pointing down some. Later I'm going to drill a new hole and reposition the switch closer to the center of the bar. The new position of the bar is working well for me.