Why are there so many Ryker's for sale?

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
rkmcniel
Been thanked: 0

Why are there so many Ryker's for sale?

#1 Post by rkmcniel » Wed May 20, 2020 5:29 am

I'm in the market and I'm getting a little scared when I see so many basically brand new Ryker's for sale. Should I be concerned? One more question...I've had 3 shoulder surgeries with the last one being 8 years ago so I feel pretty good but I read that the Ryker takes upper body strength. When I used to go 4 wheeling on my John Deere (made by Bombardier) it would wear my shoulders out cause you couldn't take it out of 4 wheel drive. I did test drive a Spyder and it didn't bother my shoulders but I hear it's much different than the Ryker. Thanks for any help.

poli

Re: Why are there so many Ryker's for sale?

#2 Post by poli » Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 pm

I believe it's like any other bike, people buy them and realize it's not for them. Nothing wrong with the bike, just not for that particular person. I own both, a Ryker Rally and Spyder RTS, and I don't notice much difference in the handling, physical wise. The Spyder has power steering that the Ryker does not but the Ryker weighing around 400 lbs less kind of equals it out. I personally wouldn't take anything for my Ryker BUT I ride it a little different than most people. Since I have a Spyder, it's my "road" bike if I want to travel. The Ryker is more of a play thing for me. Take it out for a one or two hour ride just to play or relax. It's up to you if the Ryker is what you want but in my opinion I don't think your shoulder concern is anything to worry about. You might want to go demo one and see what you think. (Since I don't have shoulder problems I may be wrong on my assumption.)
RTS Spyder
Ryker Rally Edition

rkmcniel

#3 Post by rkmcniel » Thu May 21, 2020 9:41 am

Thanks so much for that info!! I appreciate it!

OleGoat
Has thanked: 0

#4 Post by OleGoat » Fri May 22, 2020 10:49 am

Not in Virginia- my 2020 rally is 6 weeks old and now I am looking for a used one for my wife. Few spyders but no rykers for sake used near me. P.S. my rally is my daily commuter.

wizardfitz

#5 Post by wizardfitz » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:50 am

Same in indy, zero used to be found. Matter of fact next to zero in dealerships. I'm having a hard time finding 1.

smokes

#6 Post by smokes » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:43 am

Some people just don't GET the Ryker. I consider them to be a road legal, 3 wheeled Gokart and I drive it like that. They are just loads of fun on the open road especially in corners.
I don't understand why someone would buy one without trying it first. If there are lots of nearly new Rykers out there for sale, that's great if you're after another one.
Andrew
2016 F3Limited & Ryker 600
Melbourne Australia

Now wash your hands

slow rider

#7 Post by slow rider » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:10 pm

theres none for sale where i live i dont know what can am is doing at there factory there losing alot of sales

Richardsond01

#8 Post by Richardsond01 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:15 pm

When I bought mine used it had 160 miles on it. The previous owner found it too uncomfortable with him being 6'4.