Reviews - TricLED Mirrors - Bling Lights - OEM Backseat/ Windshield

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
KnightedAirs
Has thanked: 0

Reviews - TricLED Mirrors - Bling Lights - OEM Backseat/ Windshield

#1 Post by KnightedAirs » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:19 pm

Just started on the journey, about a week and a half into owning the Can-Am Ryker.

It's my first bike or trike. 2019 600 CC version. Super fun, the 600 doesn't feel underpowered.

Thought I'd quickly review a few products I wish I knew more about before I purchased.

Ryker Wide VU convex Mirrors

https://www.tricledusa.com/product-page ... vex-mirror

- The stock mirrors are awful. I live in Los Angeles and I was constantly having cars surprise me on the left and right as they sped by.
It felt like with the stock mirrors I had to decide whether I wanted to see behind me or the lanes to the left and right.
The image was distorted and felt suffocating. These stick on and basically allow you to see from your shoulder out to at least two lanes.
The image is much clearer. The cars ARE smaller, and it takes some time to adjust to the fact that they're typically a lot closer than they appear in the mirrors...
I still need to turn my head and check my blind spot, occasionally an erratic driver pops up without me seeing them ahead of time but the mirror add-ons make a real difference.
It's hard to say they help with the vibrations. They do add weight to the stock mirrors. All I can say, with the clarity, I don't notice the vibration as much (aside from idle at a light).

BlingLights Compatible Super White Head Light Bulbs for Can-Am Ryker

- I didn't drive my Ryker home the first night. The sun had set by the time I finished up at the dealership.
I wasn't prepared to jump on the 405 in Sunday night rush hour traffic, having not ridden any sort of bike on the streets.
It was clear as my friend was riding it back behind me, that the stock lights needed to be upgraded from a safety level first, aesthetically second.
The stock lights are dim and yellow. These BlingLights bulbs are a relatively cheap upgrade.
The light is bright white, drawing more attention and they feel brighter.
It may just be a feel, I haven't measured in any way in the real world, but they definitely feel brighter.

OEM Windshield

- I keep it low, every once and a while it's nice to have something to tuck behind during hard acceleration.
They sell them without 6mm washers, you have to buy those yourself.
You're supposed to jam them in-between the two plastic pieces but I was only able to get one in (top bolts).
I put another washer on the outside of one of the screws/bolts. It's tight but there's a plastic scratchy noise at idle.
I'm going to try and loosen the bolts again to try to quiet this, but in reality it's not terribly noticeable... Not at all while moving.

OEM Backseat/ Max Mount

- The backseat makes the Ryker look even more like a Batmobile with the handles. The basic back seat also adds a mini backrest for the driver.
You don't feel like your backside is hanging out there in the wind. Haven't had a passenger yet.
The Max Mount bolts on with a T40 Torx Bit (if I don't add a correction). There was no information on that I could find online.
It's also very confusing which way to fit the side support that comes with the backseat... which should be installed before the Max Mount is completely bolted on.
As far as I could tell, there's only one direction it works.
The video BRP provides makes it look like it should fit in a manner that doesn't seem to work (based on how they animated the notch on the piece).
Below is the Spanner Wrench I used to tighten the spring. I haven't noticed a difference (I went to notch 4 instead of 5 for now), but again I haven't had a passenger yet.
The back left passenger foot pedal has a magnet that tells the computer you have a backseat rider which modifies the traction control. That's a nice piece of tech.

Progressive Suspension SW-783 3/8" Drive Preload Spanner Wrench

That's a week's worth of work. Disappointed in Can-am for not providing the lock for the parking brake, may address that next.
May get a disc break lock for longer street parking. Their lack of written information if very frustrating with each install.
Also looking at the blinking tail light mod that's on backorder at SlingMods. I tap my brakes all the time even if I'm just engine breaking.

Anyone else have any thoughts or recommendations on must have accessories for safety or the overall experience?
"Thumbs Up" from:
JohnWJ