Universal saddlebags on Ryker

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
bbells

Universal saddlebags on Ryker

#1 Post by bbells » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:43 am

I had some saddlebags laying around and decided to put them on my Ryker. I never removed them from my old bike, so I did a semi-permanent install. If traveling I always put stuff in a bag for easy carrying before putting in the saddlebags anyways. I bent a plate for a saddlebag support and put the saddlebag strap between it and the bottom of the max-mount. I didn't trust the aluminum threads in the 4 bolt holes on the bottom of the mount, so I drilled them through and used bolts with lock washers. Turned out better than I could have oped. Rather than pay $300 or $400 for limited storage, I paid $10 for parts and used an old set of $50 saddlebags. Easier to remove with the bolts vs the screws that the max-mount were made for. Not sure how to upload images. I will retry if this effort does not work.
"Thumbs Up" from:
Kansas-6953

JohnWJ

Re: Universal saddlebags on Ryker

#2 Post by JohnWJ » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Very nice
"Thumbs Up" from:
cattleshow

johnnydrummer
Has thanked: 0

#3 Post by johnnydrummer » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:06 am

well done my friend! I think the prices of ALL the accessories for this machine are ridiculous!
"Thumbs Up" from:
JohnWJKansas-6953

3WRDR
Has thanked: 0

#4 Post by 3WRDR » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:54 am

bbells wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:43 am
I bent a plate for a saddlebag support and put the saddlebag strap between it and the bottom of the max-mount.
You say that like you just grabbed a piece of metal with your hands made it submit to your wishes. :D I wish I had access to the tools and machines to do something like that. It looks a little thin for the application but looks like a well crafted pieced. Make them a little thicker and you could probably sell them for 75~100 a piece. Nice job.