tail light and rear fender removal?

Technical Discussion about the Electrical & Lighting related to the Ryker
MDLNB

tail light and rear fender removal?

#1 Post by MDLNB » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:48 pm

I am about to change my rear fender and was wondering if there are any tips or tricks to removing the rear tail light assembly and/or the fender. If there is a way to remove the whole tail light assembly without taking it apart piece by piece, that would be ideal. If not, I would still like to hear from someone that has taken it apart so that I can get an idea for doing it the first time. I looked on Youtube and searched the Internet for possible directions, but found nothing. I am putting the full fender on the Rally. The Rally looks cool but my wife doesn't like the tire kicking dirt, mud and water up on her posterior. I know the dealer can do it, but I have worked on my Harleys in the past so surely this can't be much more intricate.

Kiwiryker

Re: tail light and rear fender removal?

#2 Post by Kiwiryker » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:51 am

Yes I have done it and no you need to pull it apart bit by bit the cover on top is clipped in and has one screw too, remove number plat lamp and the single screw in same location then if you get your fingers under and between the fender and logo cover the top of the cover top being the part above the brp logo gently lift up there is two plastic pins located into rubber o rings that's the hard part be slow and genting the rest is selfexplanitory.then the tail lights and there should be 3 screws holding on the fender to the bracket.
Last edited by Kiwiryker on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kiwiryker

#3 Post by Kiwiryker » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:57 am

I had to remove the whole back mount after a dick backed in to me. You have it easy if you have the US model the international indicator lamp storks are a extra pain to do

MDLNB

#4 Post by MDLNB » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:37 am

Yep, I replaced my rear fender and yes I did have to remove the whole tail light and drill out the rivet to take the old fender off before installing a new FULL fender.
"Thumbs Up" from:
Hamie