Ryker Rally off road

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
Mongrel
Has thanked: 0

Ryker Rally off road

#1 Post by Mongrel » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Is anyone using their Ryker off road? Is it capable of handling Backcountry Discovery Route with some modifications? Can this machine handle un- maintained dirt roads? I am curious to see if this is a viable option.
"Thumbs Up" from:
slingmods

poli

Re: Ryker Rally off road

#2 Post by poli » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:06 pm

My sole use of my Rally is on dirt back roads. Most are maintained but some are border line. They're comprised of dirt, gravel, mud and deep sand. I don't ride aggressively, just do 15 to 25 mph depending on conditions. I haven't found anywhere I can't go as long as I have ground clearance. The deep sand usually requires Rally mode to make it through, otherwise the VSS system bogs it down till it stops! A clay road after a rain is also fun, just stay in the middle to keep from sliding into the ditches. The only time I ride on paved roads is looking for the next dirt road to explore and see where it goes. As far as really 'off road' I would have to say no. I've been riding dirt bikes for around 48 years and the terrain I rode was a definite NO for the Rally. Stick to dirt roads and you will have a blast though. In my opinion, that is what the Rally was made for.
"Thumbs Up" from:
slingmods
RTS Spyder
Ryker Rally Edition

rykerliker

#3 Post by rykerliker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Dirt roads for sure are fun I'm looking for some off road knobby tires to give them a try but not sure about clearance? Might have to remove fenders and that will be a mud sprayer in my opinion from riding ATV's without fenders. I'm sure we will see some aftermarket parts to accommodate more adventurous mud conversions very soon.

poli

#4 Post by poli » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:52 pm

I've looked before but haven't found anything with a more dirt oriented tread pattern. All the car tires in that size are all street treads. But … I personally haven't had any problem with the Kenda's. I know everyone else rags on them and they may not be that good on the street. But I don't ride aggressively. I do 35 to 45 on the street (55 on rare occasions) and at that speed they work just fine. The places I ride (gravel, mud, sand, wet and dry dirt) they work great and I really don't think "street" tires would make it through some of the places like my Rally tires. They've never got me stuck! So when they need replacing, I will definitely replace them with another set of "rally" Kenda's.
"Thumbs Up" from:
rykerliker
RTS Spyder
Ryker Rally Edition

Switchglide12

#5 Post by Switchglide12 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:17 pm

I took mine off road. I have the Rally and she is find with it. As previously mention you will run in to clearance issue but with proper adjustments don't see why not. I try to post picture of the road I was on but couldn't up load pic.