clunking

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
Princess
Has thanked: 0

clunking

#1 Post by Princess » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:42 am

So I just picked up my Rally yesterday. Dealer warned me about this Clunking noise said it will ease as it breaks in. It is mostly when I accelerate and slow to a stop but I have heard it while riding at a steady speed. And when I was parking in reverse it was even worse along with the noise it almost felt like it was stuck then went after making this loud Clunking noise. I know nothing this is my first Big Girl Toy. I have owned 3 scooters in the past but I am not really mechanically inclined. All I know is I had this type of issue with my last Car brought it in and in and in for them to tell me it needs to break in blah blah after I finally got rid of it there is a recall and class action law suit on the Trans of this make and model.
Has anyone else had this noise? If so after how many miles did it ease. Maybe I am paranoid but it just does not feel or sound right.
Thanks for your help!
Carol

njfishfan

Re: clunking

#2 Post by njfishfan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:55 pm

Carol, I have had the clunk also from the beginning ...but now that I have over 2000 mile it had lessen but it still there sometimes. I never heard it at a steady speed though ,only accelerating from a stop. Also the plastic on the Ryker rattles a lot. I wouldn't worry about it and just enjoy the ride !!

cattleshow

#3 Post by cattleshow » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:02 am

The tranny calls for 5-40 or 75-140 weight. I think it comes with 40 weight. Seeing how hot it is here I'm going to change it to the 140 weight and see if it calms down any noise. The clunk may be just the CVT belt pully engageing and nothing to do with the tranny.??? The RPM's of this engine probably has something to do wirh the clung also.
Dealer saying thats normal really doesn't make us feel any better,does it.

Princess

#4 Post by Princess » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:55 am

Thanks guys. I feel a little better but after reading and watching the video with the guys wheel coming off.. Oh my hope nothing Clunks it self off.
other than the noise and feel of this. I sure am enjoying it thus far.
Enjoy the weekend. We finally got a few rain free days here in the Chi-town. Yeah!! ;-)
Carol
"Thumbs Up" from:
njfishfan

900ACE

#5 Post by 900ACE » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm finding that if I start to accelerate and then release the brake I can keep it from klunking.

Aufgeblssen47

#6 Post by Aufgeblssen47 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:50 am

900ACE wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:42 pm
I'm finding that if I start to accelerate and then release the brake I can keep it from klunking.
All you need to do is accelerate fairly hard at 1st to avoid clunking w/o holding the brake.

TripleTree

#7 Post by TripleTree » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 am

Mine does it only when engine is cold after start upon deceleration. Once CVT warms up it's perfect.

Bosky
Been thanked: 0

#8 Post by Bosky » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:34 pm

My 900 dose not like a certain steep hill with a stop sign at the bottom. Only time I hear a cluck after starting or changing to reverse is on that hill. Sometimes its smooth and quite even with little throttle on a start once its warmed up.

Rydernow

#9 Post by Rydernow » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Mine has clunked and banged from day one on takeoff. I took it to the dealer and a mechanic jacked it up to splain to me that it was normal. While on the jack he rocked the rear wheel back and forth to show me the lash before engagement. He was confident that there was nothing wrong and to just ride it. I too just step on the brake a bit if I want to make a quiet departure.

smokes

#10 Post by smokes » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:43 pm

Increase the revs slowly when you take off from stopped until you start moving, then accelerate as fast as you like. No clunk.
Andrew
2016 F3Limited & Ryker 600
Melbourne Australia

Now wash your hands