900 ACE CLUNKING NOISE

New to the Ryker? New to forums? Introduce yourself and say hello! Ask questions and we can help you get going.
mrlexx0
Has thanked: 0

900 ACE CLUNKING NOISE

#1 Post by mrlexx0 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:33 am

Hello, Im new on here and im having a hard time excepting the loud cluck noise on my 2019 ryker 900. From my understanding everyone is saying its normal, but why should it be.
Automatic cars, jet skies, atvs, scooters and other Automatic Toys do not clunk or make noise. I feel that for such an awesome motorcycle this problem needs to be corrected now not in 3 years. Can anyone help and share their thoughts on this clucking sound that comes from the drive shaft.

KC61

Re: 900 ACE CLUNKING NOISE

#2 Post by KC61 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:45 am

It comes from the CVT as well as some play in the drive shaft. There is play in both, so yes, it has become acceptable for the Ryker. Some of the vehicles you mention don't have a CVT Transmission so that would explain that. An automatic is completely different than a CVT.

Aufgeblssen47

#3 Post by Aufgeblssen47 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:37 pm

You are simply not used to a dry clutch & CVT transmission. If you give sudden lots of throttle from a dead stop, it minimizes "clunking".
"Thumbs Up" from:
67RYKER

Mike Oxbig

#4 Post by Mike Oxbig » Thu May 23, 2019 7:41 pm

I’ve found that at very low speeds or idling at 2-3 mph is it very clunky but if you raise the rpm it goes away mostly.

joecools

#5 Post by joecools » Fri May 24, 2019 8:13 am

Shaft drives are not new, I hear so many newbies (you know who you are) getting all excited over hearing noises, Just think about it for a moment people, on two wheels you sit much higher in the saddle, so ever hearing any clunky sounds might be far and few, now that we are all low low in the saddle we can hear all kinds of sounds, its only natural that we get a little excited that we just made this new purchase and the fact that the audience that is now riding and the fact that it can be purchased at such an affordable price we may over re-act a bit. These little demons are flying out of the sales floors some dealers are already on back orders, so many more people through these communities are reporting all kinds of issues and we can all read about them here, even before BRP or the dealers can respond with what they have or have not found, I say have not found because these are brand new production models even though they have big brother and sisters (Spyders) still
are new production model has never existed, just like with a new production model car there are going to be bugs and maybe even some recalls? I hope the later never happens, I like the Rally and even though I do not own one now, today I have enough money saved up to go buy the Rally all decked out with the goodies I want. I don't want to brag, just to say life happens and some times we have to wait a little longer for what we want. I have test rode them now two times and I can honestly say I still have a great big smile on my face from the short brief experiences.
I think i'm done with my soap box for now, just remember this it is a motorcycle do your part check your bike out before any and all rides and keep the shiny side up.
Thanks in advance /Joe

Luckydog89
Been thanked: 0

#6 Post by Luckydog89 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:20 pm

Just bought a 900 glad to know what that is thanks for posting about it

Dragosh22

#7 Post by Dragosh22 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:33 am

Hi guys, I own a 900 ryker and I also heard the clunking mostly when I move on but what worries me most it's a buzzing that I hear for the last 50 km and it can be heard even when I am stopped or driving... it seems to come from somewhere in the right side of the ryker. I only drove 350km with my ryker but only for the last 50 km started to make that buzzing. Can you give some advice?