Reverse

New to the Ryker? New to forums? Introduce yourself and say hello! Ask questions and we can help you get going.
kopite
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Reverse

#1 Post by kopite » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:09 am

Hi...I would like to get a Ryker, but I'm short and can't reach the reverse with my foot on the brake. The only way I can reach it is by putting it on park and reach for the reverse. Does anyone know if the reverse can be adjusted or if there is something out there like a hook of some sort that can be added to the reverse peg.

mikey

Re: Reverse

#2 Post by mikey » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 am

The lever is on a spline. You can rotate the peg to naturally sit further back. With it closer to you, you'd pretty much be lifting it up for reverse and then back down again for forward.
I've not done this myself, but several folks on the facebook groups have done it.
There are also a couple of folks that have added an additional level to the existing one to make it easier to reach. Again, not something I've done but the folks on the facebook groups have posted pictures and how-to's.
"Thumbs Up" from:
RCOURTNEY

rmengel

#3 Post by rmengel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am

What FB groups ? Thanks

mikey

#4 Post by mikey » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 am

I don't recall which ones specifically had which posts, but these are the FB groups I frequent.
The Ryker Aftermarket Source, Ryker Ryders, Can-Am Ryker Performance, Can-Am Ryker Forums, The Can-Am Rykers Owners Club, RykerLovers, Can Am Ryker, & Can Am Ryker Bykers.

Rykerlovers and Can Am Ryker Bykers are probably the most active and would be the best place to start looking.
"Thumbs Up" from:
rilawrence

mikey

#5 Post by mikey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:16 am

Here's a video of one.