New to the Ryker forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here!

New to the Ryker? New to forums? Introduce yourself and say hello! Ask questions and we can help you get going.
mikey

Re: New to the Ryker forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here!

#81 Post by mikey » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:42 am

CarlS wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:54 pm
Hello all. I am CarlS. Ny wife and I live in the Orlando, Florida metro area. I have been riding for 60 years and my primary ride is a Triumph Tiger 800 XC. My wife is a relatively new rider. She has ridden her Honda Big Ruckus in rural areas and all over Ontario Provence. However she is afraid to ride in the Central Florida traffic - and I don't blame her. She tried a sidecar rig,; but the lack of a reverse made parking difficult. She is petite. Then she stumbled on a Ryker 600 Ace and she felt comfortable on it. She can ride without fear of falling over in traffic, it has a reverse, it is automatic and the ergonomics suit her. English is her second language, so she is not comfortable communicating on forums. Thus I am her coach and teacher. But I need to learn about this unique machine. So as a newbie to the Ryker, here I am hoping to to learn. Thanks for having me.
Welcome. Traffic in the metropolitan areas of Florida is quite scary. The Ryker 600 is my first ride. I love it.
Most everybody here is pleasant and willing to help you and your wife out.

Miles42

#82 Post by Miles42 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi all. Miles from Pa (western Pa.) 76 years old decided i needed a Ryker .Rode Two many years ago. Not long. But the Price point on the Rally sold me plus the YouTube videos. Looks like so much fun. One coming this month . Cant wait for the fun to start.
"Thumbs Up" from:
joecoolscattleshow

WifeSaidYes
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#83 Post by WifeSaidYes » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:25 am

Hey there ! Just ordered a Ryker Rally - should receive the baby mid-July. Coming from a Kawasaki 1500 so adjustment time might be needed. Will certainly have tons of questions - thanks in advance

cattleshow

#84 Post by cattleshow » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Miles42 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:14 pm
Hi all. Miles from Pa (western Pa.) 76 years old decided i needed a Ryker .Rode Two many years ago. Not long. But the Price point on the Rally sold me plus the YouTube videos. Looks like so much fun. One coming this month . Cant wait for the fun to start.
Your 76,thats to old to be riding a motorcycle. Oh wait I'm 77, guess your ok. :)
Cruseing the back least traveled roads is the so much fun.
Its a short learning curve and then you will feel normal handleing it.
Have fun

Decon Blue

#85 Post by Decon Blue » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Hey Hey guys. Just picked up a 600 Ryker last Saturday.
Nice to be back in the wind again, had a collision with a
Deer on my Yamaha R1 4 years ago. Way too many injuries to mention but after lots of rehab I finally decided to get back in the wind again. Being as I have no use in my left hand (hand was shattered and fingers don’t bend anymore) I can’t pull in on clutch so the Ryker seems to fit the bill now. Kept finding myself reaching for the brake lever and feeling for clutch lever for the first few rides ! Look forward to lurking here and learning about this new Toy. Ride safe FREINDS.

Jack Daly

#86 Post by Jack Daly » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:38 pm

My name is Jack Daly and I live in Vancouver, WA. I just bought a 'new' Ryker. I am a above the right knee amputee. Not sure if I can manipulate the brake pedal. I have been searching and searching for any kind of information on a hand brake. I have had many different bikes since l was a teenager. Very much want to ride again!

bruce12

#87 Post by bruce12 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:27 pm

hello, I am in Florida. my name is Bruce. I bought a Riker 600 for my wife. She has no riding experience but is learning how to ride her new bike.I have been riding it and I like it. I might get a Spyder for myself. 50 years riding motorcycles

Old English

#88 Post by Old English » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi all, I'm a 55 year old Brit who's been living in Kelowna, British Columbia for the last 12 years.

I was riding on 2 wheels long before driving with 4 and have been looking for an excuse to get back into it again, albeit with three wheels this time around.
The Spyder caught my attention a while back, but I was put off by the cost of it, then what should come along, but the Ryker.
This, for me, is the perfect compromise. Great around town and, with the help of a few accessories, the longer trips as well.
Might finally get to do that trip down the West coast after all.

Got to get my 2/3 wheel license again, as British Columbia doesn't recognize my 27 years of previous experience riding in the UK, but I'm ok with that.
Just finishing up the last 6 months of car loan payments and will be looking to get the 900 Ralley version in Spring 20, hopefully they would have sorted out the few teething problems they seem to have at the moment by then.

Looking forward to reading all of the topics on this forum before owning one.

Regards
Mark

St Bartholomeus

#89 Post by St Bartholomeus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:44 am

Hey guys!

Bought my Ryker 900 last week. I’m from Estonia so I had an honor to be the first buyer in the country:P It’s pretty cold in here since we are next to Finland, so summer is almost like winter except no snow :D So far the experience has been supreme-fun related with the Ryker!

In Estonia they will not sell the 600 since it is pretty difficult to convince people to buy Ryker anyway - weather cold and for the motorcycle riders it’s not for them and for the car drivers, it’s not a car neither :D we will see how it goes, but I can tell You that it is definitely a head-turner. Super cool product!

Thank You guys for setting up such a forum and hope to be in touch!

Stay Safe out there!

St B.

Tmoe752008

#90 Post by Tmoe752008 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:40 pm

rykerforums wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:45 pm
Hello ladies & gents! If you're new to the Ryker forum.. please introduce yourself here as a new member to our community! We're excited to build this community with you as the most elaborate source of information, tips, tricks and mods for the new Can-Am Ryker!
Hello my name is Terry & I own a Ryker 900 with issues of it blowing something red out of the exhaust that’s covering my rear tire