Outdoor Cover(s)

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
moniraq
Has thanked: 0

Outdoor Cover(s)

#1 Post by moniraq » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am

Hello. Newbie here. Bought the Ryker, it's getting accessorized and hopefully I'll be picking it up in the next day or so.

I posted this on FB so if you're on one of those pages, you might recognize the questions...

I was looking for a half-cover as I plan to ride quite a bit once it warms up, probably daily. I don't have a garage but I don't necessarily want to mess with putting a full cover on and off every day.

I have two questions:
Does anyone know where I can find a half-cover?
I've read the full cover does allow for the windshield but is it also big enough to cover the saddlebag?

Thanks y'all and safe ryding!
Monica
"Thumbs Up" from:
slingmods

Freezefm

Re: Outdoor Cover(s)

#2 Post by Freezefm » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:22 am

For now, I'm just using a half cover I already owned and used with a medium sized cruiser. It's a little loose in the back, but it covers the top half OK.

Francis
Ryker 600, 2-up spring, Passenger seat/folding backrest, Haze Blue

moniraq

#3 Post by moniraq » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:12 am

Thanks Freezefm. I ended up buying the full cover. I figure I'll need it next winter, anyway.

CENTAUR

#4 Post by CENTAUR » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 pm

moniraq wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am
Hello. Newbie here. Bought the Ryker, it's getting accessorized and hopefully I'll be picking it up in the next day or so.

I posted this on FB so if you're on one of those pages, you might recognize the questions...

I was looking for a half-cover as I plan to ride quite a bit once it warms up, probably daily. I don't have a garage but I don't necessarily want to mess with putting a full cover on and off every day.

I have two questions:
I've read the full cover does allow for the windshield but is it also big enough to cover the saddlebag?

Monica
😉
I've ordered the small Nelson Rigg full cover for a Spyder. ($80) They also have half covers.
"Thumbs Up" from:
mikey

Freezefm

#5 Post by Freezefm » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:49 pm

[/quote]

😉
I've ordered the small Nelson Rigg full cover for a Spyder. ($80) They also have half covers.
[/quote]

Let us know how they fit...I've thought about looking into a Spyder cover, but wasn't sure about the fit.

Francis
"Thumbs Up" from:
CENTAUR
Ryker 600, 2-up spring, Passenger seat/folding backrest, Haze Blue

DJGMAC

#6 Post by DJGMAC » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:40 pm

moniraq wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:49 am

I have two questions:

Monica
Monica, it does cover the saddlebag as well
"Thumbs Up" from:
mikey

CENTAUR

#7 Post by CENTAUR » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:16 am

I have pics of Nelson Rigg cover on my Rally but can't seem to copy them. Anyway, it's the smallest full sized cover for a Spider. Cost ~$80. Little loose in front and a little tight in back but it looks like it was made for it.
CENTAUR
"Thumbs Up" from:
mikey

mikey

#8 Post by mikey » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:24 am

CENTAUR wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:16 am
I have pics of Nelson Rigg cover on my Rally but can't seem to copy them. Anyway, it's the smallest full sized cover for a Spider. Cost ~$80. Little loose in front and a little tight in back but it looks like it was made for it.
CENTAUR
Do you have the windshield?

moniraq

#9 Post by moniraq » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 pm

I ended up getting the full cover. It's pretty easy to get on. Covers the windshield and the side case.

Maybe919

#10 Post by Maybe919 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:37 pm

I bought the full Can-Am cover, not inexpensive, and was surprised that it has no reflective materials on it anywhere.

Just last night a local yahoo backed into my covered Ryker and smashed the tail light. He/she was so upset at the damage that they fled the area - poor guy or girl - the feelings of remorse must be overwhelming.

I think the Can-Am cover should be manufactured and sold with some reflective panels....like I said to myself when I originally unpacked the cover.
"Thumbs Up" from:
Zoot