Hello from GA!

New to the Ryker? New to forums? Introduce yourself and say hello! Ask questions and we can help you get going.
Ajax
Has thanked: 0

Hello from GA!

#1 Post by Ajax » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Well, we aren’t quite Owners yet. But my wife and I have been looking at these really hard! Haven’t ridden one yet. But have gone and laid eyes and put hands on one. And as expected we got the usual sales pitch from the salesperson.

But I want to hear from you, actual owners, what do you think? Pro’s and con’s. 900 Ace or Rally. (Not really interested in the 600) And besides the suspension is there really a difference in handling of the two? Because I’m not a fan of the Rally wheels. IMO, the larger wheels seem to throw off the entire symmetry of the machine. And I don’t intend to do any “off roading”. So with that said, would the Ace suit my needs just as well as the Rally?

Open road handling?...how is it? Stable on the interstate at 70-75 in the midst of traffic? Any info you all can share would be greatly appreciated! And help in making our decision.

A little back story: I’m 57, and I’ve been around and rode motorcycles my entire life. (I ride/rode year round) But finally I sold my last motorcycle (a Victory) after a two year stint of Plantar Fasciitis in my left foot. I just no longer felt comfortable riding on two wheels. Not knowing how my foot/ankle was going to react when I put it down...especially in a emergency situation.

I sold it this past November. And to be honest, I’ve been downright depressed ever since. But I had probably only ridden maybe 1000 miles in the last two years due to my foot. And I felt the bike was just wasting away sitting there. And this is the longest I’ve ever gone without a motorcycle of some sort. But I am ready to be back in the wind!
"Thumbs Up" from:
Sohappy

Galded

Re: Hello from GA!

#2 Post by Galded » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:42 pm

Hey welcome, I am from GA as well. I ride the 900 Talley and have no problems on the highway. I think my biggest concern for longer rides is a lack of cruise control, but there are aftermarkets to assist with hand relief. It handles much much much differently then a motorcycle and not just in the corners. Test ride one and see if you can test ride it two up as well to see how the lady likes it. Being a fully automatic traffic is no problem and three wheels means never having to lower your feet. I am having fun with it myself and looking forward to going to the dragon when it gets a little warmer.
"Thumbs Up" from:
Sohappyjoecools

Mike Oxbig

#3 Post by Mike Oxbig » Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Hello from SC!.Ajax and Galded when you head out for the dragon hit me up and I’ll ride with you..

herndonryker
Been thanked: 0

#4 Post by herndonryker » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi from West Virginia.
Floorboards might help with the Plantar Fasciitis. I have a bit of a problem with it myself and floorboards are on my list of upgrades.
http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamonste ... oorboards/

nodakryker

#5 Post by nodakryker » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:14 am

Hello from ND

I traded in my Harley Street Bob for a 2015 Spyder RSS back in May 19, then traded the Spyder for a Ryker 900 last week. I love it! I haven't been this happy on a bike since I bought my Street Bob 10 years ago.

sacarlettleo87

#6 Post by sacarlettleo87 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:57 pm

Welcome to the forum, I am also a newbie here.

Tombscuba

#7 Post by Tombscuba » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:17 pm

I bought a Ryker Rally. I chose it due to the upgraded suspension, included accessories and the ability to have Rally mode to shut off performance limitations. I find I haven’t needed the Rally mode yet. I ordered mine with the swaybar but, they didn’t have one in stock at the time of pickup. I rode without for a couple weeks (approx 1000 miles) then had the swaybar installed A NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!!! Get the swaybar!!! I found this site as I am looking for information to install an aftermarket electronic cruise control. If I can figure it out, life will be fullfilled.

MaxPower4U

#8 Post by MaxPower4U » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:27 pm

Hello I am also in Ga. I don't have a Ryker yet. I'm recovering from a stroke. Still have my CBR954. I hope to be able to ride it again next year! If I can't ride a motorcycle, I'll switch to the Ryker. Time will tell.

Bad Brad

#9 Post by Bad Brad » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:28 am

Hey from Florida !! My Wife suggested looking at the RYKERS , we have had Motorcycles for years Harley's to a Suzuki and Kawasaki's , V-Max , gave it up. BUT once in your Blood its hard to give up. Now both of us are 67 we test drove a 600 & 900 Now owners of two 900s. More vibration on the 600, more mirror vibration, does not have the top end of course like the 900. 900 much smoother. Both go with the 900's you will be much happier, The wife will be happier thus you will be too.!!

thanks Bad Brad

MaxPower4U

#10 Post by MaxPower4U » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:01 pm

Corbin seat.jpg
Thanks, I had a stroke in 18 left leg not working well, doing exercise making progress. I want to ride my CBR954 RR again and walk the dog by the end of year. I like the Ryker 900. Do you have the rear seat and windscreen? I like the automatic transmission and reverse. How do you like the tranny? Do you have any accessories? I don't want to go to look at them til this virus thing is over.Ride to Live Live to ride! Stay safe Rick