Comfort seat installation

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
rakerrykerrider
Has thanked: 0

Comfort seat installation

#1 Post by rakerrykerrider » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Anyone install Driver Comfort Seat yourself and was it as complicated as it looks in the manual? Since the original seat will be discarded, could you just pull it off? Inquiring minds want to know!
Paul
"Thumbs Up" from:
Fire252fighter

Fire252fighter

Re: Comfort seat installation

#2 Post by Fire252fighter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Also interested as I’m thinking of buying without one and upgrade if needed.

mikey

#3 Post by mikey » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:30 am

I got mine installed when I bought it. However, I now see that you only really need to pull the old one off and press the new one in.
The BRP instructions are overly complex and unnecessary in my opinion.
I could have saved some money on that.

srx660

#4 Post by srx660 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:02 am

I took the stock seat off my Ryker just to see how it was fitted. I could not get the 4 t-shaped lugs to fit back in their slots, no matter what i tried. The solution i found was to take the screws that held the plastic body work to the metal framework out, then stick a wood wedge between the plastic and metal in the back. This let the t-shaped lugs fit under the plastic. When i reinstalled the torx head screws back in and tightened them down it crushed the ears of the lugs tight so the seat was now held in tight. I could not get to the front 2 lugs to tighten them between the metal plate and the plastic body but the front of the stock seat has a lip that fits under the front of the plastic and holds it down. I have left it like this simply because there is too much bodywork to take off to get the front lugs between the metal and plastic( think of most of the side panels around the gas tank). The seat does not move around so i'm leaving it until i get my own design of a seat built and ready to install. The metal seat base stays but the plastic for the stock seat will be cut off.