Anyone else's seat fell off?

Tips / Tricks / Questions regarding servicing and maintaining the Ryker
Mikebusta
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone else's seat fell off?

#1 Post by Mikebusta » Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 am

So question for everyone. Has anyone else's seat came off?? I've had this thing for less than a day and the seat it came with (not the comfort seat) came off. I only have 46 miles.

GeneC
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anyone else's seat fell off?

#2 Post by GeneC » Wed May 22, 2019 8:26 am

I just passed the 2000 mile mark on my 900 with no problems other than keeping the gas tank full.
"Thumbs Up" from:
mikeyslingmodsKID Ryker

Freezefm

#3 Post by Freezefm » Wed May 22, 2019 4:46 pm

over 3300 miles and the seat is as solid as the day I got it.

Francis
Ryker 600, 2-up spring, Passenger seat/folding backrest, Haze Blue

mikey

#4 Post by mikey » Thu May 23, 2019 5:58 am

Nope. I've had the comfort seat since day 1 and it has not fallen off yet.

srx660

#5 Post by srx660 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:54 am

I took the seat off my ryker to see what it would take to build a new seat that better fits my sitting position. No matter what i tried i could NOT get the seat to stay locked down to the metal frame and it was sliding around on the mount. I tried to get the T shaped foam clips in place that hold the seat to the frame but they would not stay in place. I finally figured out why after i bought the ryker manual and looked closely at the pictures and read the manual. I have pic's on my forum if you want to know how to install the foam clips properly.

http://reversetrikes.freeforums.net/thr ... ollTo=1486

from the aboveforum
NOW, a update on the seat pan itself. I have had a lot of problems mounting the seat back to the seatpan when i took it off trike. It would not stay in place and always felt like it was moving around when i was cornering on the road. I looked at the mounts closely and found the cause. It seems the Can-am decided to lock the seat down to the pan(plastic) by having the ears on the bottom of the seat fit down into slots formed into the seat pan. They used 2 small torx bolts to put pressure on the ears to hold the seat in place between the plastic pan and the steel plate the seatpan mounts to. I removed the torx bolts, then pulled up on the back of the seatpan and stuck a 1/2 inch narrow piece of plywood in so i could pull the ears thru the pan and spread them out under the pan. I replaced the torx bolts with hexhead metric bolts because i wanted easier removal and reinstall, pulled the plywood out and tightened down the bolts. the 1st Picture shows the ears squeezed between the pan and the frame plate when tightened down. The 2nd picture shows how the bolts tighten down on the ears to hold the seat in place. While i could not raise the front of the seat pan to get the ears under it, i trimmed them to 1/2 their width so they would fit the holes in the pan. The front of the seat foam has a large lip that hooks over the seat pan and holds it in place there. This will have to do until i replace the seat with one of my own design.

What i did in the above paragraph stopped the seat from moving and i have had no problems for 6 months.
"Thumbs Up" from:
Decon Blue