High Maintenance Cost?

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
3WRDR
Has thanked: 0

High Maintenance Cost?

#1 Post by 3WRDR » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:08 am

I'm very interested in the Ryker. After 30 years riding 2 wheels my body is suggesting I move on. As always I research a new potential ride for maintenance issues and cost. I downloaded a PDF copy of the "Operators Guilde" and found this:

Replace CVT drive belt, plugs, gearbox oil, and final drive oil every 12K miles? This seems very expensive or difficult to maintain.

Makes me wonder how difficult it is to access the belt and plugs. I've always done 95% of my own maintenance on my bikes.

Would love to know from you owners how difficult you have found these to maintain.

Thanks.....

johnnydrummer

Re: High Maintenance Cost?

#2 Post by johnnydrummer » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:04 am

Hey buddy, I can't give you any dollar amounts but it will not be a cheap machine to maintain and unfortunately you probably won't want to do "everything".

3WRDR

#3 Post by 3WRDR » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:26 pm

This and a lack of videos on changing belts and plugs has me concerned. These are still relatively new machines so hopefully more maintenance videos will show up soon. I'm actually considering maybe a Spyder F3 as it seems maintenance is less frequent. A big reason I choose to work on my machines is most shops are sloppy or incompetent.
"Thumbs Up" from:
a99miata

rkmcniel
Been thanked: 0

#4 Post by rkmcniel » Thu May 21, 2020 10:06 am

I'm also curious to your question....I wish others that have had Ryker's since they came out could give us some real numbers.