New to the Ryker forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here!

New to the Ryker? New to forums? Introduce yourself and say hello! Ask questions and we can help you get going.
rokkie17
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New to the Ryker forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here!

#101 Post by rokkie17 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:16 am

Hi I'm Mokahantas from New Orleans Member of the Caramel Curves.. Ryker 900 Gal! Looking forward to learning new things and staying informed thanks for having me :)

robval1987

#102 Post by robval1987 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:29 pm

We, my son and 1 did buy 2 New 2019 Can Am Ryker Rallies Saturday. I did look at the Spyder as I no longer was able to get on my Goldwing Trike due to health issues. I thought my days riding where over, sold all my bikes (FJR1300, VFR1200 and Goldwing Trike) as I could either not get on the bike or hold it up at stop. I have been diagnosed with ALS and it started in my left leg and moved to my right, lost the ability to walk unassisted and now rely on a wheelchair to get around. I looked at the Spyder as the seat level was lower then my Goldwing Trike, but it to was just a bit to high for me to get on. Then my son took me to the dealer and showed me the Ryker, with his help I got out of my wheelchair and on to a Ryker Rally. We took off and I completely forgot my health issues. We rode for about an hour and then returned to the dealer. We ended up purchasing two 2019 Ryker Rally 900. Even my wife took it out with my son last night (she also rides) and had a blast. We have to return to the dealer this week to pick up the rest of the accessories we purchased. So far we did the driver and passenger comfort seats, passenger backrest (tall) tank bag and one up rear bag. We did order new cross handle bars as they seem to sit higher and have more back reach, but this morning we removed my handle bars and flipped them over and they are now taller with further pull back, for me they are much more comfortable. The one thing I am going to have too change is the foot brake. I have very limited movement in my legs so the brake, even though it is adjustable it is still hard for me to use. I'm looking for a decent hand brake with brake light switch. Once installed I will put on longer brake line and bleed the system and remove foot brake. I would also like a windshield and floorboards, so if anyone has any ideas please drop me a line. So in closing I'll say hello from Oklahoma and I hope to learn more and share in modifying this machine. :D
"Thumbs Up" from:
njfishfan
Retired U.S.ARMY & LEO
Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can fly... :D

Indianaroamer2019

#103 Post by Indianaroamer2019 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi from Indiana. I am interested in getting a Ryker but wondering which one. The 600? 900? Rally? Probably not a lot of over night trips and not much interstates. Any helpful suggestions are appreciated thank you

RykerRally900Jan

#104 Post by RykerRally900Jan » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Hello All, My name is Jan. I live in Idaho. I purchased a Ryker Rally900.

Rydernow

#105 Post by Rydernow » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:08 pm

Hello all, my name is Bob and I live in Oceanside, Ca.
Bought a new Ryker 600 recently and have ridden approx. 300 miles thus far. I am having some issues with loud clunking and banging from either the CVT or the driveshaft and thought I would investigate it here. I can't get into the dealer for a few days and am anxious to discover what it might be.

Rydernow

#106 Post by Rydernow » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Hello all, my name is Bob and I live in Oceanside, Ca.
Bought a new Ryker 600 recently and have ridden approx. 300 miles thus far. I am having some issues with it and thought I would research them here.

Rykerrider39

#107 Post by Rykerrider39 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi everyone:
My Name is Brian,from Aurora IL and just got the ryker 900ace a few weeks ago and I love the bike,it’s a lot of fun and can’t wait to go on a nice trip.

dbk2tavi

#108 Post by dbk2tavi » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 am

Hi, my name is Rick. I bought my wife the 600 Ryker back April so that she would be able to ride on her own again. She had a bad bike crash 6 yrs ago this week & has been through several knee surgeries on both knees since leaving her unable to support a bike at stops. She rejected the Ryker at 1st til many of our long time biker friends convinced her that it’s the same wind & I told her we’re not getting rid of it because I have too much fun on it(I’ve been riding bikes for 40yrs & have over 500,000 documented riding miles through HOG & VMC) so she figured she’d give it an honest chance. She now loves it & has put over 500 miles on it this week alone so l guess I won’t be riding it as much or will have to get my own

Forky1401

#109 Post by Forky1401 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 am

Hi there,
My name is Dean from Melbourne Australia. Genuine newbie as I have purchased my 50th birthday present (new 600 Ryker) and don't even have my bike licence yet! Birthday is end of October so I promised the minister for finances (wife) that I wouldn't ride it till my actual birthday. Looking forward to riding and being a part of a forum if I have any queries. Cheers and keep the shiny side up!

Ryker Girl1

#110 Post by Ryker Girl1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Hey ya all, I’m A Newbie! I love my ride. Do most of it by myself. Where I’m from peeps don’t like girl riders much. I’m so happy to find a group to share my love with. Hit me up and say Hi! Ryde Safe!!!
"Thumbs Up" from:
njfishfan