Gear

General discussion area on the Can-Am Ryker
Toyandgadgetguy

Gear

#1 Post by Toyandgadgetguy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:57 am

I'm imagining that most of us like gear. What sort of gear are you looking at for your Ryker?

Right now, I'm looking into helmets. Something in a flat black with Sena Bluetooth built in. I'm hoping to ride with a buddy or three from time to time, so communication would be nice. From what I'm reading, the Sena systems sound pretty amazing. Not sure if I'll be using the phone for GPS, or going with a separate Garmin.

What are you folks looking at? (or maybe already know about or have?)

Zz005zZ

Re: Gear

#2 Post by Zz005zZ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:08 am

Definitely a bluetooth helmet
"Thumbs Up" from:
Toyandgadgetguy

Toyandgadgetguy

#3 Post by Toyandgadgetguy » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:44 am

Anyone planning on mounting their phone?

RykerRider

#4 Post by RykerRider » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:36 pm

I have an Arai Signet X as my primary helmet. They are not inexpensive, but they are hand-made and the quality is worth the price. The Signet X is designed for a true long-oval head shape. If you find that most of the helmets you try on seem to leave pressure points at your forehead, consider trying one on for fit. Icon also make a very good helmet for long-oval head shapes called the Airflite. This is a very good helmet for considerably less than the Arai. I am a bit of a "clothes horse", so I have a decent amount of gear. I basically break it down into Temperature; (hot, warm, cool and cold) and dress; (casual or professional). I am partial to leather for most applications, but I find a high quality textile to be the best for long distance,inclement weather, touring, etc. Dainese makes my favorite 3 season-winter jacket called the D- Blizzard D-Dry jacket. This jacket is extremely versatile as it has a wind and waterproof membrane attached to the shell, and a removable full thermal lining and removable inner warm collar. There is direct venting (with the thermal liner removed), so it can be worn in warmer temperatures as well. :ugeek:
"Thumbs Up" from:
Toyandgadgetguy
THE RykeRyder....Beeoooootch!

RykerRider

#5 Post by RykerRider » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:38 pm

Toyandgadgetguy wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:44 am
Anyone planning on mounting their phone?
I am going to start with the accessory "tank bag", and see how that works... :ugeek:
"Thumbs Up" from:
Toyandgadgetguy
THE RykeRyder....Beeoooootch!

Chryse
Has thanked: 0

#6 Post by Chryse » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:52 pm

Toyandgadgetguy wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:57 am
I'm imagining that most of us like gear. What sort of gear are you looking at for your Ryker?

Right now, I'm looking into helmets. Something in a flat black with Sena Bluetooth built in. I'm hoping to ride with a buddy or three from time to time, so communication would be nice. From what I'm reading, the Sena systems sound pretty amazing. Not sure if I'll be using the phone for GPS, or going with a separate Garmin.

What are you folks looking at? (or maybe already know about or have?)
I picked up a Bell Revolver Evo in matte black as my helmet, and will probably go with a Cardo Q-Solo as my Bluetooth setup. I don't need to communicate with anyone in a group ride, just use it for music, phone calls and GPS using my mobile phone. For the mount, I bought a QuadLock motorcycle mounting kit and case.
"Thumbs Up" from:
Toyandgadgetguy

Tim

#7 Post by Tim » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:07 pm

So the discussion of helmets have come up several times...but what about boots, mesh jacket, and pants/jeans. I have been looking the REAX Alta Mesh Jacket and pants, the Speed and Strength Midnight Jacket, and several different riding jeans. What is popular?

Better yet what is good when it is 99F outside?

KC61
Has thanked: 0

#8 Post by KC61 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:39 am

I will have to admit I'm a helmet guy in a non helmet state but damn, I'm sure comfortable in shorts on the Ryker.

Decon Blue

#9 Post by Decon Blue » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:06 am

I am a firm believer in ATGATT. I live in Florida and yea it’s HOT here most of the time, but sweat washers off, and road rash doesn’t. I wear a full face Speed and Strength 1310 helmet, Perforated Leather jacket, Perforated leather gloves ALL the time. No flip flops and shorts for me. I see these folks riding and not Geared up and I just think to myself “ it’s a matter of time before they pay the price for not being responsible”.

Tim

#10 Post by Tim » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Decon Blue wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:06 am
I am a firm believer in ATGATT...
Pardon my ignorance but what is ATGATT?

When I see someone without a helmet I think the same.