Hello from GA!

New to the Ryker? New to forums? Introduce yourself and say hello! Ask questions and we can help you get going.
MaxPower4U
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hello from GA!

#11 Post by MaxPower4U » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:47 am

ImageWell I've had my Ryker Sport now about 4 weeks. I've been doing some upgrades. I replaced the stabilizer end links and installed a Ohlin steering dampener I had using the RykerMod kit. We are having nice cool dry weather now and I had a chance to test out the mods. The dampener has made a big difference in the handling. The bike tracks better over all road surfaces and is very stable at 79 mph on the Interstate. I'm getting use to leaning my body into the turns and using the cruise control. I added a Nelson Rigg trailsend small tank bag not great but works for what I need.

MaxPower4U

#12 Post by MaxPower4U » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:48 am

ImageWell I've had my Ryker Sport now about 4 weeks. I've been doing some upgrades. I replaced the stabilizer end links and installed a Ohlin steering dampener I had using the RykerMod kit. We are having nice cool dry weather now and I had a chance to test out the mods. The dampener has made a big difference in the handling. The bike tracks better over all road surfaces and is very stable at 79 mph on the Interstate. I'm getting use to leaning my body into the turns and using the cruise control. I added a Nelson Rigg trails-end small tank bag not great but works for what I need.

MaxPower4U

#13 Post by MaxPower4U » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:56 am

ImageOk, last year I sold my CBR and bought a new 2022 Ryker Sport. My left leg is weak so I straddle from the rear to get on. I put 2 3M broom holders on the right side to carry my cane. I also added metal stab. links and a Olins steering stabilizer that made it not so twitchy. I also added the brake light blinking since the back is low I want to be seen! This week I installed Rox 2" risers on the handlebars, I rotated the stock bars up only problem there is the cruise control has a plastic tab that fits in a hole in the bar so you can't rotate it. I also installed a Pedal Box throttle control. I only have use of my right arm and leg. I had to relearn how to do turns. You don't lean like on a bike you lean your head and shoulder. I have to be careful when setting the cruise control on, love the cruise control! Having automatic transmission with reverse and intergrated brakes has made it prossible for me to ride again love it!